“Online video is the Swiss army knife of internet marketing. It really can be used all over the customer lifecycle, whether it’s customer service, marketing, or even recruitment.”
– Mark Robertson, Founder ReelSEO
VIDEO CONTENT MAKES “CENTS”
Video is the most engaging form of communication available in the market today. No other multimedia has the flexibility to present your story the way video does. The Huffington Post presented their research on video and found the following to be true:
- 85% of Americans are online
- Each minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words (I guess a picture is worth a thousand words!)
- 63: The rate ad shares have multiplied in ten years
- The brain understands visuals remarkably faster than it does words (60,000 times as fast to be exact!)
- 195 million Americans watched digital video in 2014
- Projection: In 2018, they expect 84% of internet traffic will be video content
- A research group found that video increases your chance 53 times for having a first page result on Google.
Furthermore, they see that the trend is gaining momentum with power players.
From Diane Primo, CEO and Founder, IntraLink Global:
No wonder marketers are finding video to be one of their highest-return conversion tactics. They are seeing 200 percent – 300 percent improvements in click-through rates when video is embedded in email; higher Google rankings (53 percent) as mentioned above; and a six-fold improvement in recall, engagement, likelihood of product purchase and shareability.
All this explains why marketers are using video more than ever and integrating it in everything they do. Right now, a quick check of YouTube shows 1,427 videos for AT&T, 415 for GE, 5,462 for Lego and 5,102 for Red Bull—all with millions of views—or billions in the case or Red Bull and Lego, which have elevated video strategy and video marketing to an art form.
What are they doing with all that video? They are, more than anything else, engaging their targets and moving them to purchase products and services.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
Now is the time to maximize your content efforts by including video into your content portfolio. The diversity of options allow for creativity and freedom.
Here are a few options to consider based on your particular product, branding campaign, and customer base:
- Reinvent or present your company’s story in a unique and personal way
- Invite customers and clients to share their experiences with your product or the marketplace where you intersect.
- Crowd source video to create a branding campaign.
- Create how-to videos to establish yourself as an expert.
- Create a video blog.
- Load any television ads that you may have on your site.
The list could go on and on. Regardless of the form of video you choose, be aware that this is where the market is going. The “right” video could be the difference between achieving your goals or disappearing in the wasteland that is the world wide web without one. It’s time to show the world what you are made of…literally.