I spend a lot of time thinking about how to develop marketing plans. We always want to be continually move forward in an ever-changing industry of Inbound Marketing. Like many things, there are fads and trends, then there are major developments and movements that catch on to become a normal and almost expected way to do things (ie. Social Media usage, organic search engine optimization, etc.)
The integration of video into marketing efforts has been adopted by some companies, but a vast majority of companies, small or large, have yet to jump onto the video bandwagon. And I don’t mean to use bandwagon in any negative way whatsoever.
Adopting elements of video marketing is the future of successful marketing efforts.
Go ahead, quote me on that. I would be delighted, because like the use of pictures and images increasingly being used, the Internet is becoming more visual all the time. Do you want to know how I know that? Because videos work. Videos are popular. Videos are appealing to people. We, as a consumer culture, like to watch videos. Here are some insightful stats into the benefits of video utilization:
- Youtube is the second most popular search tool, Google being the first.
- Thats right. People use Youtube more than they use Bing and Yahoo.
- Companies with videos that are relevant to Google searches are 53x more likely to appear on the first page of search results
- So, regardless of how much time or money a company has invested into the video, just having the video makes it rise to the top of search results.
- 1/3 of all Internet activity is spent watching videos
- This is especially important because the average American adult spends 5 hours & 13 minutes on the Internet each day.
- 75% of users visit the marketer’s website after viewing a video
And these are just a few stats that support the use of video integration into marketing efforts! If you want more stats, stay tuned for out upcoming ebook release!
Video is Engaging – If you are looking for the most effective way to engage with your audience, video marketing is the way to go. Sure, you could have some sort of giveaway, but that item will only capture attention for a short amount of time, whereas a video keeps working for you and your company. A single video can be viewed hundreds, thousands, and even millions of times in a variety of settings.
Video is Profitable – We had mentioned the stat before, but videos will increase visibility on search engines while giving you a presence on video hosting sites. Not to mention, videos can be used in email marketing efforts as well. Here are a nice chain of stats that show how profitable videos can be:
- 80% of people who watch a video ad recall watching it for at least 30 days
- 45% of those people actually respond in some way to the ad!
- 26% looked for more info about the subject of the video
- 22% visited the website of the ad
- 12% purchased the specific product featured in the ad
Everyone Watches Video! From young kids, to company executives, everyone watches videos. In fact, Forbes Insight reported that 59% of senior executive would prefer to watch a video over read text, and 65% of executives click through to visit vendor sites after watching a video, with 45% pursuing some sort of contact of the vendor.
There is so much more that can be said about videos, and we will continue to provide helpful content so that you can best utilize videos in your marketing efforts, but, in closing, we encourage you to consider adopting video elements as major parts of your marketing efforts. You won’t be disappointed!